National Hospice Association Resources
This list is provided for information purposes only. We are not recommending any specific group or agency. Scroll over links to activate them.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO): www.nhpco.org
- Care Compare https://www.medicare.gov/care-compare/
- Caring Connections (NHPCO): www.caringinfo.org
- Palliative Doctors: www.palliativedoctors.org
- Hospice Foundation of America: www.hospicefoundation.org
- National Hospice Foundation: www.nationalhospicefoundation.org
Grief Support Resources
For support along your grief journey. This is a partial list of available support online. Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan does not endorse any specific internet sites and encourages using caution when disclosing personal information.
- AARP: www.aarp.org/griefprograms
- The Dougy Center: www.dougy.org (for adults and kids)
- Center for Loss: https://www.centerforloss.com/
- Compassion Books: https://www.compassionbooks.com/
- Griefwords Library: https://www.hospiceswmi.org/our-services/grief-support/griefwords/
- Grief Support Resources Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/630628467565064
- Journey’s Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/JourneysGriefSupport
- National Alliance for Grieving Children: https://childrengrieve.org/
- What’s your Grief- A Grief Website: https://whatsyourgrief.com/
- Willow Green: www.willowgreen.com
Michigan Great Lakes Chapter
Support for caregivers and families.
Area Agency on Aging, IIIA
Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services
Community planning and administration of state and federal funds; referrals to community resources for those caring for an elder.
City of Kalamazoo Transportation Department
Handicap accessible transportation for Kalamazoo residents.
Assists in locating local support resources for older Americans anyplace in the United States.
Kalamazoo Department of Human Services
Determine eligibility for Medicaid, food stamps for Kalamazoo County residents.
Legal Hotline for Michigan Seniors
Toll Free: (800) 347-5297
Toll Free: (800) 347-5997 Pension Rights
Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
3299 Gull Road, P.O. Box 42, Nazareth, MI 49074
Tel: (269) 373-5157
Fax: (269) 373-5185
Advocates on behalf of nursing home residents.
Medicare Social Security Administration
Social Security: Toll Free: (800) 772-1213
Medicare Helpline: Toll Free: (800) 633-4227
Senior Services, Inc.
Caregiver Resource Center
Tel: (269) 978-0085 / Toll Free: (800) 711-2113
Assist in locating services and resources for the care of adults 60 and older. Informational materials, referrals to community programs and services for those caring for an elder.
- Home Care
Assistance with personal care, light housekeeping and respite care for Kalamazoo county residents, 60 and older.
- Meals on Wheels
Home-delivered meals to homebound seniors unable to prepare their own meals.
United States Department of Veterans Affairs